Monday 5 September 2011

Style

In terms of style research I had a very clear idea in my head of how it would look, and I have to say I hit the nail on the head with my designs.  I am really pleased with them and think that the style definitely suits the ideas behind the series and what I had in my head...which doesn't happen often!


I took my main style inspiration from some shows I remember watching when I was younger, the Mr Bean animated series, Ed, Edd and Eddy and Samurai jack




With the heavy outline to the character and subtler lines inside for the features and any clothing etc. the image appears to have more depth, containing more detail in the foreground than the background.




These guys were my main inspiration for 2 of my characters.



I like the style of Samurai Jack because it is simple yet effective.  There is little to no shadowing for the most part but still work really well on a definite 2D level.

Some modern day style inspiration came from the League Of Super Evil, The characters are all so different and quirky...that's what I attempted to achieve with mine.




I also stumbled across this blog whilst trying to find some style research. It's a great little blog by someone in a similar situation to me, here are some of her images that inspired my chosen style.






I'll post all of my character designs with development and bios by the end of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment