Wednesday 9 November 2011

Set Dev. and Design and a Little Book Idea

I have been working on my set design recently and have finalised some designs of the exterior of the building where the whole of the series will be taking place.  I am still yet to design the interior but that will come shortly.


Here are my initial designs of perspective views.


I liked the look of the bottom one but took the element of the window covers from the top right one for my final design. 
With this in mind I drew up a design from the front face of the restaurant/diner, and added a few more interesting elements; like the car for the drive thru area of the restaurant. a bit more detail on the roof decorations and a sign.


I also added the characters to get an idea of scale.


With this done I thought it looked a little bland and very small, so I added some more to the building along with a plan from above to see what kind of area it might take up.



I was happy with these designs so I added some colour and tidied the whole image up to make it look more professional.







I haven't finished the pantones for these yet but I will today and get them uploaded, I just wanted to get some work up as I haven't posted for a short while.


The set design also gave me an idea for my book cover, it needs more detail in the background but I feel it would suit quite well if I could get the shape of it cut out instead of just having a plain A4 book.



No comments:

Post a Comment